Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happiness

I've sat down to write this post four times already, but there's so many things buzzing around my head that I don't know where to begin. Year 2 has been a little on the rough side. I've struggled to find my place in a world without school (weird, right?) and together, Robb and I have grieved over two miscarriages and contemplated a future where we might not have children of our own. Yet looking back, I don't view it as bad year. The rough patches have made us stronger and drawn us closer together.
And now, after a year of intense hoping and praying, I'm pregnant. Somewhere inside of me is a little heart beating twice as fast as my own. 12 weeks along and life couldn't possibly better be :)

14 comments:

  1. Lakin!!! I am sooooo so so so so happy!! Congratulations!! What perfect news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You will be the best little Mom. I suspected something but wasn't going to say anything.
    School is over and now you're an amazing nurse, learning every day. I'm glad I get to work with you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is now my "happy day". What a great journey you are embarking on......hold on tight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! That is such exciting news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! You're going to be the cutest mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! the pain of this past year will be a distant past as soon as you hold the little one in your arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I'm so happy for you both! I had no idea you two were going through any of that, but I'm so glad everything worked out! You really will be the best parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes my day! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dad and I are so happy for you and excited to welcome a new grandchild into the world! You will be great parents! I've been waiting for this post! Now I can tell the rest of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Lakin! We'll continue praying for you and that new little being inside of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's wonderful, Lakin!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEA!!! I am so happy for you!! Kyle and I went through a miscarriage before I got pregnant this time (I only have 1 more month til the baby!) You'll be awesome Lakin and you have made it through the "danger time" now! I'm just thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lakin, congrats! Miscarriages are hard, but now you will enjoy this baby even more. You are going to make such a cute and great mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, I am so excited for you! You are going to be a great Mom.

    ReplyDelete