Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Little Things

:: Visited the Children's Museum on $3 admission day during the last week of Christmas break:
I think this was their favorite exhibit. You jump as high as you can and the camera takes a picture at the peak. Alice may have been more interested in modeling than jumping (and I make jumping while pregnant look really difficult :) ).
:: Alice went on a preschool field trip to Jump and Claire tagged along
:: Colby
Colby started soccer on the 10th. Robb goes to practices and helps out and tells me how quickly Colby is catching on to the basics of the game.
Colby's 100 thing shirt (Minecraft stickers) in honor of the 100th day of school (he's been telling us about this day for months...I think mainly because he thought after 100 days he would move up to 1st grade). He almost missed it because of the flu, but he made a miraculous recovery just in time.
At school in his 100th day crown
I volunteered to read a book in Colby's classroom for the school's literacy day. He was so excited to see us there and to show off his little sister.
  • "I'm going to poke you because you're being a bummer."
:: Alice
Alice threw me a surprise picnic/tea party while Claire napped. She loves making things for Robb and I. We find little love notes, pictures, or "presents" as she calls them all over the house. She has such a giving heart.
One of my presents
How Alice does housework
She also caught the flu
Alice found an old bird's nest that fell out of a tree and brought it home for our yard. "Now we can have pet birdies!" For someone who is afraid of all animals, she desperately wants a pet.
Alice's "pirate crab." She likes to talk to her sculptures before eating them and tell them how much she'll miss them, but how fun it will be to swim around in her stomach.
I love her sense of style
  • "When you grow up you can be lonely in the house."
  • "Don't step on the line (in the sidewalk). There are scorpions and snails under there. 
  • Alice likes to tell me what to dream about before I take a nap. Here are some examples:
    • Living in a castle and wearing princess dresses 
    • Being little and putting fire on these (the red numbers on my alarm clock). 
    • Kissing all the babies with all your lips
    • Knocking over big towers that are stuck in the ground
    • Being a mermaid
:: Claire
Is it sad that my little girl walks around in heels better than I do?
We moved Claire to Alice's bed for naps to prep her for sleeping there full time. The transition from crib to bed is a process, but she's still napping even when she's on the floor, so I count it as a win.
  • At Costco Claire waved at everyone, even people in their cars, and they would slow their carts or cars and wave back at our sweet girl.
These two are the best of friends and it melts my heart watching them play together.

No comments:

Post a Comment