Sunday, May 20, 2012

Solar Eclipse

I was sprawled out on the couch, seeking the inner strength needed to get up and visit my neighbor, when Robb told me he wanted to make a pinhole projector to watch the solar eclipse through.  He immediately jumped on the computer and I came home to find this:
I constantly stand in awe of my husband.  
But after admiring his handiwork for a few minutes, we still had to wait for the celestial bodies to align, so we started preparing for another exciting event--Ebert/Rigby Sunday waffles.
Sunday waffles with the Ebert family date back as far as I can remember...and it's amazing (I mean, how can you go wrong with fabulous food and company? I submit that you cannot).
Here are my delightful dinner guests (as a member of the Rigby household, Jordan naturally came) 
...and our sumptuous feast
I was expecting an eclipse to be a little more...well, noticeable.  The sky did get a little bit darker, but unless you knew about it in advance (thank you, Facebook) you would miss it.  Here Nik is demonstrating the proper use of the pinhole projector.
This picture was taken afterwards to show how the projector allows you to watch the eclipse indirectly

Pretty neat, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment