Saturday, August 31, 2013

Graduation and Goodbyes

August was a crazy month filled with last visits from amazing friends and family along with a growing list of to-dos before the big move. Here are some of the highlights:
:: The Last Ebert/Rigby Waffle Party: we held these sporadically over the last few years, but it's a tradition for our two families to meet together for Sunday waffles. This one was especially amazing because Spencer joined us before entering the Missionary Training Center the next day to start his two year mission for our Church.
 :: Dinner with the Hunsakers:
:: Dinner with the Fredleys and most of my mom's side of the family:
:: Last day at work: My last shift was cancelled at the Utah Valley Specialty Hospital (which meant I got to throw away my gross shoes a day earlier), but luckily there was an employee picnic the next day so I still got in my goodbyes. I've learned so much from the other nurses and staff over the past three years and I'm so proud I got to be a part of their team. We do amazing things at this hospital.
:: Robb's Graduation: My husband is wonderful. According to him, he's been ready to be through with school since Kindergarten and despite this he stuck it out, finished his Master's Degree, and found a job he's really excited for. His thesis title: Thermal Transport to Sessile Water Droplets on Heated Superhydrophobic Surfaces of Varying Cavity Fraction. Both our parents came down for the occasion and we're all ridiculously proud of this guy.
:: Potluck Breakfast with our Apartment: We have amazing people in our building and I'm going to miss them all.
:: Baby shower: My friend, Jamie, threw me a baby shower at Mother's group (right before leaving on vacation) a week before we moved. We had a great time and I'm so grateful for the friends I made from these weekly play dates.
:: Lunch with Tomoko: my friend Tomoko and her son came over to catch up and feed us lunch. She was my Beehive teacher in Oregon and is a wonderful person. Colby took his time warming up, but by the time she left they were buds.
:: Breakfast with Gonzales: Faiver taught us how to make arepas and Colombian style scrambled eggs (I'm converted) while Colby and Lilly hung out on the couch. It breaks my heart a little to know we'll be separating these two.
:: Our garden (and by that I mean our lone tomato plant) finally started producing.
:: A quick trip to see my childhood friend, Dayton, his wife and their newborn son:
:: Lots of visits to see Brett and Megan and Jory and Emily. Colby has awesome aunts and uncles.
:: A month of systematically cleaning our apartment to check off everything on our crazy landlord's list (thanks to Andrea and Kaitlin who helped clean and watch Colby so everything got done).
:: And then a sleep over at Grandpa Nielson's house once everything was packed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment