Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Reader's Digest Version of July

:: Robb turned 27,
got some birthday love,
and helped me make his birthday cake
(Sinfully Sinless Tiramisu or in other words, tiramisu without alcohol or coffee) 
Colby helped him open presents after dinner and I think I nailed it with the Lego set
:: I took Colby to the splash pad in Provo for Mothers' Group. He refused to go down until he saw his friend, Braxton, calmly splashing around. He cautiously stood up, swatted the water, and he was sold. I had to drag him away.
:: Robb planned date night and took us miniature golfing, black light style. 
Colby tolerated the experience and stole my ball after the first hole (so we took turns using Robb's)
I dominated.
:: We celebrated Colombian Independence Day with our neighbors, the Gonzales family
The food was amazing (and who knew guacamole and potatoes would be such a great combination?)
Lilly made sure Colby got enough to eat
and gave him several hugs and kisses on the way to the park
:: Hays Family Reunion: Robb's aunt and uncle rented three cabins down in Heber Valley for three days (although we opted out of sleeping there due to Colby's recent habit of waking up around 3:00 and my need for easy nighttime access to the bathroom). We made ice cream, chased butterflies, hiked, canoed around the lake, played minute to win it, heard wonderful devotionals, and ate some really spectacular food. I am so blessed to be a part of this family.
:: Colby used markers for the first and final time (at least for awhile) when I learned that "washable" didn't exactly apply to our kitchen table.
:: Our lone tomato plant is huge and has dozens of green tomatoes that will hopefully ripen before we leave.
:: And we're having a girl! Everything looked good on the ultrasound and we're still on track to meet her December 10th. Now we have to decide on a name...

1 comment:

  1. Awww i just love your posts! Glad you are doing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete