Sunday, June 23, 2013

Living Large

 :: Friday, Robb and I continued our two-week streak of dating by going out to eat at Cubby's. We ordered the Tri-tip sandwich, the original Mr. Beef (spiciness levels were ranked girl, boy, and man...and Robb refused on principle to order girl, so we had to go back for water refills), and rosemary fries.  Delicious.
Then we snuck candy bars into Star Trek: Into Darkness and stayed out 'til 10:00. We party hard.
(I've always found it ironic that the Little Caesars in Provo is right next to the Diabetes Specialty Center)

:: Father's Day was a little anti-climatic, at least for me. I hopped out of bed when Colby woke up at 5:54 so Robb could sleep in, but after a shower he was off to a church meeting...where they stole my thunder and fed him breakfast.  Then I had a meeting and by the time I got back Robb was gone again. Dinner was my only opportunity to show how grateful I am that Colby gets to wake up every morning with this wonderful man in his life. We had pork loin, mashed potatoes, and rolls. I felt very Martha Stewart, which probably means I need to put more effort into our dinners.  Anyway, it was a wonderful evening, just the three of us.
 :: Monday we went to BYU's Museum of Paleontology for FHE and tried to get Colby excited about dinosaurs.
 We weren't very successful
but he did enjoy pushing his stroller around (and nearly knocking over exhibits in the process)
 :: For the first time in almost eight weeks they needed me at work.  I was on-call and came in around 11:30am. I've never worked a night shift, not even as a lowly student desperate for clinical hours, but on Tuesday I got the closest I will ever get to one. They needed someone to stick around until 10:00 and those extra four hours were rough. I now have a new respect for those on night shift.
:: We split our starter tomato plants with my brother and then two of ours died after getting power blasted by the automatic sprinkler system outside. Our remaining fighter is still going strong and we're hoping for a least a couple of tomatoes before we move.
:: Colby's embraced modern art in the form of towers.  I randomly find little buildings like this all time now.
:: Wednesday we went to BYU's Carillon Concert and listened to the bells play, "If I Were a Rich Man" and "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof and other songs for a half hour before Colby decided he had enough culture for the day.  We weren't ready to go home though, so we trekked over to the Creamery for some Raspberry Cream Cheese ice cream and then sat and watched a gang of kids corner and attempt to catch four harassed looking ducks.  
:: Friday was our ward party and I'm now inspired to use our Dutch ovens (although I have to learn first).  Amazing food and I'm really going to miss our friends here.  Only two months left in Provo.

No comments:

Post a Comment